Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan

Forum

1654/55- Gun powder damage Delft

I'm interested in the first entry on left hand page concerning Claus Jansz Klinck.

I'm not sure how much compensation he received and for what address? 

Any further details would be very welcome.

Many thanks.

Anne

Reacties (4)

Geert Ouweneel zei op do, 10/01/2026 - 12:27

Claes Jansz Clinck                                    100.0.0
Verponding 1654, is bij denselven betaelt    8.5.0
Daeromme geroyeert
Gegeven biliet tot 40 percento, t'welck den
20 Mei per reste ƒ 40.- is betaelt  ƒ 40.-

Gerry zei op vr, 10/02/2026 - 13:39
The adress on the page before: Culck (Kolk) Noortsijde
Gerry zei op vr, 10/02/2026 - 13:40

The estimated value of the damage is ƒ 100.-.-
Claes’s indemnification is 40% (the usual percentage)
the 20th of May Claes received  ƒ 40.- (the words ‘per reste’ are not there)
Claes recieved the whole amount because he had paid the ‘verponding’ (ground tax) of  ƒ 8.5.0

Anne zei op vr, 10/02/2026 - 17:02

Geert, thanks for the transcription, and to Gerry for explaining what all the figures meant. I thought it read that Claus got 40 guilders but didn't understand how that figure was reached.

I think his brother Jan also got compensation so with this explanation I can probably work out what he received also.

very best wishes

Anne

Reageer op dit bericht

De inhoud van dit veld is privé en zal niet openbaar worden gemaakt.
Slechts één bestand.
10 MB limiet.
Toegestane types: png gif jpg jpeg.